Why We Like The BlueJacket Personal Flotation Device
The Astral Blue Jacket is a sea-kayak-inspired PFD that also performs at an extremely high level in various whitewater, angling, and sailing applications. Equipped with loads of features that make it stand out from many other PFDs at similar price points, it combines a lightweight design and a solid storage capacity into a PFD that will be at home on the river, creek, lake, or open ocean.
The BlueJacket is designed with Astral’s Foam Tectonics system, which allows the external portion of the jacket to pivot with the movements of your body, while the inner panel stays snug, enabling it to be highly reactive when things get hectic. Guides will also love the hook-and-loop straps that serve to clean up free-hanging webbing, so you don’t risk them catching on bits of metal frame when all hell breaks loose. And because prolonged paddles can be exhausting—not to mention rapid scouts and portages—the BlueJacket is equipped with a back-mesh holster and hooked sleeve to accommodate a hydration bladder for on-the-go drinking, beer not included.
- Dominate aquatic environments with this sea or river crossover
- Foam Tectonic system is snug yet agile
- Side-entry buckles enable side and pullover access
- Front clamshell and stash pockets hold loads of goodies
- Hydration bladder-ready with mesh back pocket and looped sleeve
- USCG Approved: type III
- Flotation / Buoyancy: 15lb 8oz
- Closure: side-release buckle
- Pockets: 1 chest, 2 zippered side stash
- Claimed Weight: 2lb
- Recommended Use: sea, whitewater, fishing, tour
- Manufacturer Warranty: limited 1 year