Invented by geologists, for geologists.
The Brunton Axis Pocket Transit Compass is an innovative compass invented by geologists for easier measurements of planes, lines, bearings, and vertical angles. The dual-axis, hollow hinge facilitates quick, accurate measurements without requiring multiple read-outs or different measurement tools. Only one measurement configuration is required for strike and dip, trend and plunge, as well as bearing and vertical angle.
North runs parallel to the main hinge axis, making this compass the only Brunton Transit capable of measuring strike and dip simultaneously. The lid protractor rotates 360-degrees on both major and minor axes to allow accurate strike-and-drip and trend-and-plunge measurements on any plane or surface, including overhangs. Adjustable declination allows you to use this across North America without sacrificing accuracy. It’s available in either a 0 to 360° azimuth scale or 0 to 90° quadrants.
- Innovative compass makes geologic measurements a breeze
- Dual-axis, hollow hinge for planes, lines, bearings, vertical angles
- North is parallel to main hinge for simultaneous strike & dip measurement
- One measurement for strike & dip, trend & plunge, bearing & vertical angle
- Needle can be set to auto-lock when the face isn’t visible during a reading
- Compass bearing accuracy: +/-1/2° with 1° graduations
- Inclinometer accuracy: +/-1/2° with 1° graduations
- Dip angle accuracy: +/-1° with 2° graduations
- Housing Material: hard-anodized aluminum
- Adjustable Declination: yes, adjustable magnetic declination
- Bubble Level: yes, horizontal and vertical axis bubbles
- Slope Meter: yes, inclinometer: +/- 1/2 with 1° graduations
- Dimensions: 3.9 x 2.8 x 1.2 in
- Claimed Weight: 12.5 oz
- Manufacturer Warranty: lifetime
- Activity: geologic field measurements
There are no reviews yet.