Why We Like The SGG Oar Shaft
Some boaters will tell you that composite has no business in the world of oars. We believe that most of those people have never experienced the Cataract SGG Oar Shaft with Counterbalance and Rope Wrap.
This raft- and drift boat-ready shaft is designed to flex and rebound like wood, without adding extra weight or maintenance issues. Adding to its efficiency is a four-pound counterweight that does the work for you once the oar is past the oarlock, which really adds up when you’re rowing hundreds of times a day. Light, powerful, and responsive, the SGG is Cataract Oars’ most popular oar for good reason.
- Lightweight, counterbalanced oar for efficient rowing
- Composite construction offers stroke power with less weight
- Four-pound counterweight assists with each row past the oarlock
- Shaft comes with rope wrap for quiet rowing
- Covered grips for comfortable paddling
- Shaft length includes standard 27in blade (Blade sold separately)
- Shaft Material: fiberglass, carbon fiber composite, epoxy
- Shaft Length: [8ft] 68.5in, [8.5ft] 74.5in, [9ft] 80.5in, [9.5ft] 86.5in, [10ft] 92.5in, [11ft] 104.5in
- Claimed Weight: [10ft] 7lb 14oz
- Activity: rafting
- Manufacturer Warranty: limited