Family-sized paddling power.
Like a less-temperamental floating camel, the Old Town Dirigo 155 Tandem Kayak has room for two and carries plenty of gear across whatever body of flat water you toss it on. Durable rotomolded polyethylene plastic is sculpted into a stable, forgiving shape that is still surprisingly fast through the water, and cushioned, contoured seats make every outing a comfortable one. Even better, the Glide Track foot brace system and included thigh pads ensure a stable and responsive ride.
The combination of a Click Seal hatch and glove box hatch provides plenty of dry storage space for delicate gear, while bungees at the bow and stern give you spots to stash whatever gear you have that can stand to get a little wet. Old Town designed the Dirigo 155 to be rudder ready, so attaching the Old Town rudder system (sold separately) is relatively painless, and even recommended if you’re planning on doing a lot of paddling in high winds or strong currents. The Dirigo does come with a removable child’s seat, though, so you can go ahead and bring junior along on those mellow and relaxing paddles.
- Tandem kayak has seats for two and a toddler, or configured for solo
- Stabil-form hull has a forgiving shape for easy control
- Click Seal hatch and glove box hatch provide plenty of dry storage
- Glide Track foot brace system and thigh pads create a secure fit
- Hull Material: polyethylene (3-layer)
- Width: 29.5in
- Length: 15ft 3in
- Deck Height: 14in
- Maximum Load: 425 – 475lb
- Cockpit Dimensions: [front] 19.75 x 39.75in, [rear] 20 x 49.5in
- Hatch Cover: click seal
- Rudder: sold separatey
- Skeg: none
- Paddler Skill: beginner to intermediate
- Claimed Weight: 72lb
- Manufacturer Warranty: limited lifetime