Kalliste 2-Piece Carbon Paddle
On long paddling excursions, small inefficiencies can add up to fatigue and pain. The Werner Straight-Shaft Kalliste Carbon 2-Piece Paddle is light and bouncy so your strokes aren’t squandered and paddling translates into propulsion. Light swing weight increases your endurance since you’re not trying to move a steel Yugo through the water. The combination of jaw-dropping geometry with a perky performance core creates a powerful mid-sized blade to take your on-water abilities to a new level.
The mid-sized Ultimate Performance blades keep the Kalliste light on the scales and heavy on paddling power. Carbon fiber weave covers the foam core at the heart of the paddle. Not only does this design minimize mass, but the foam core helps the blade float out at exit. The asymmetrical blade shape gives your low-angle stroke an immediate bite on the water from the instant the tip slips in. Dihedral stabilizes the blade as you power through the stoke. You know you’ve hit the jackpot when your paddling pals comment on your flutterless (and flawless) stroke.
Since Werner didn’t make the blades super-heavy, it also avoided having to add a spine in the shaft. Instead, the designers used light, stiff carbon fiber for the straight shaft. As a result of the light shaft and buoyant paddles, your energy input is maximized so you can paddle in pleasure, all day long—and still have the strength to reel in a 40-inch striper after a bit of a tussle. The Smart-View adjustable ferrule system lets you feather to your heart’s content, regardless of which way you feather. Right or left, the Kalliste adjusts in 15-degree increments. In both light breezes and stiff winds, you’ll be able to accommodate the weather. Be it angling on a moonless night or frolicking in feisty surf, your performance kayaking gets kicked into high gear with this lightweight and graceful paddle.
- Carbon-fiber straight shaft, 2-piece construction
- Standard diameter
- Ultimate Performance blade (foam core, carbon fiber shell)
- Asymmetrical shape, dihedral
- Blade dimensions and area: 52 x 16.5cm, 643sq cm (20.5 x 6.5in, 100sq in)
- 0/15/30/45/60/75 feather angle, right or left
- Smart-View Adjustable ferrule
- Paddle lengths: 220cm, 230cm, 240cm
- Total weight: 1lb 8 oz
- Shaft Material: carbon
- Blade Material: foam core with carbon fiber weave construction
- Overall Length: 220cm, 230cm, 240cm
- Blade Length: 52cm
- Blade Width: 16.5cm
- Blade Area: 643 sqcm
- Shaft Shape: straight
- Feather Angle: 0Â°, 15Â°, 30Â°, 45Â°, 60Â°, 75Â°
- Two-Piece: yes
- Paddling Style: low angle
- Claimed Weight: 1 lb 8 oz
- Recommended Use: touring, fishing, lakes, mild surf
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
There are no reviews yet.